Gourami Guilt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Allivymar

Aquarium Advice Addict
Oi. The gourami is at it again. Another masterpiece in bubbles and I'm going to tear it down yet again. He must hate me *sniffle*

Thought I'd grab a pic for those who've never seen a gourami bubble nest before. Note how he's grabbed plant bits and added them. I discovered recently the reason they do that is to start an infusoria culture for the babies! How cool is that? Also note how those damn bubble nests block the light to my plants LOL:

http://free.inkfrog.com/pix/laluna/gourami_bubble_nest2.jpg

Aww..

Your so mean! Give him a female already, Hes begging for it at how nice he makes those bubblenests! :wink: :) :wink:

Oh my! Very nice! I give it a 9 1/2! Well, look on the bright side....at least you know he is happy and healthy!

Have you ever considered breeding gouramis? You seem to have a natural knack for it! :wink:

Wow! That is a big nest. Do bettas grab pieces of plants too? My bettas have never had a real plant. When they were in their bowls, they used to build big nests, but they haven't yet in the tank. I hope they start building nests again soon!

LOL I did for a moment Imw80; now picture me trying to net the parents and the other male out of that tank ;) Spent too damn much money on those plants that lil PITA keeps nipping bits out of to rip em up myself LOL

For my DG I got a fake grass plant that is tall and sticks up out of the water about an inch. He hangs out in the grass and builds his nest there since the small spiky "leaves" anchor his nest in place. I placed the plant in the very corner of the 55 and it is out of the way of the real plants, so he can build away. He seems to like it, and has since stopped nipping my real plants, since the fake one does the anchoring for him.

Wow! That is truly cool! I've seen something very similar in my blue Betta's tank... is this what he's doing?? I thought it was just the air stone doing it but I haven't seen it in a few weeks.

Sheila

Back
Top Bottom