Gourami help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Karatepig

Aquarium Advice Activist
My dwarf gourami has a large hump just behind the side fins. Some research says that it's a tumor or a disease but I think it's gravid. I don't know the sex of the fish so here is a picture.

image-3518794691.jpg

Maybe someone can diagnose the gourami. Thanks!

That's a male gourami (female dwarf gourami are a dull silver color), so definitely not gravid. Looks like either a tumor or bloat. Is he eating well? If his appetite has dropped you can try not feeding for a day and then feeding a thawed, de-shelled pea to help clear things out.

That's a male gourami (female dwarf gourami are a dull silver color), so definitely not gravid. Looks like either a tumor or bloat. Is he eating well? If his appetite has dropped you can try not feeding for a day and then feeding a thawed, de-shelled pea to help clear things out.

Eating great. It just popped up this morning. Will try the pea.

Update. My gourami appears to have hole in the head. His poop is white with red colors mixed in. Jusy behind his eyes on the top of his head there is a small lesion, as if he scratched off his scales. Right now it is minor. Picture to come. How should I deal with this? He still is bloated/has a tumor.

Back
Top Bottom