Gouramis....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

George9

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a neon blue dwarf gourami now, if I added another gourami would they kill eachother in a ten gallon? Maybe a honey gourami?

In my experience housing dwarf gouramis together is not a problem. Larger Gouramis ( i.e. Blue Gouramis) can be territorial. For basic info, the following link should help.
HTML:
 http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/aquarium-fish-supplies.cfm?c=830+882

Last edited:
I have a Blue Gourami and a Neon Gourami with 2 large Angel's and 2 Alge eaters and then all do fine together. Yes my blue does get territorial but they seem to be all fine together. I have a 30 gallon tank and I am looking for more colorful fish. Does anyone have any idea what I can put in there with the fish that I have now?

I wouldn't try it in a 10 gal. Maybe in a 30 or larger. It is in their nature for the males to fight. If you have to try it, I would buy from somewhere that will let you bring the fish back if it doesn't work out.

A Honey Gourami will get larger than a dwarf so in a ten gallon there may be territory issues. I have two dwarfs in my 30 gallon, gouramies like to chase each other but if it is over territory you'll know. I would get another male dwarf for a 10 gallon, a female drwarf is also an option.
Hope this helped.

IMHO a dwarf gourami is really already pushing it as far as if it's appropriate for a tank that small...I would not add two. I would only keep one in a 10 gal with a minimum of other tank mates so it has plenty of room. Even a dwarf is a pretty large fish for a 10 gal tank :)

IMHO a dwarf gourami is really already pushing it as far as if it's appropriate for a tank that small...I would not add two. I would only keep one in a 10 gal with a minimum of other tank mates so it has plenty of room. Even a dwarf is a pretty large fish for a 10 gal tank :)

I agree. A 20 gal is really the smallest tank I'd put a dwarf gourami in.

Back
Top Bottom