Gouramis???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kmny34

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Would it be ok to put a pearl gourami and a dwarf flame gourami together in a 30 gallon tank???

Mmmm, depends on the fish personalities... Pearls are some of the most mellow of the large gourami types, so it could work. I'd stick to a female pearl for the best chance, and have a backup plan (such as taking one back) if it doesn't.

Mmmm, depends on the fish personalities... Pearls are some of the most mellow of the large gourami types, so it could work. I'd stick to a female pearl for the best chance, and have a backup plan (such as taking one back) if it doesn't.

I have 2 male pearls in a 29 gallon and one of them bosses the other. It's not to bad but I don't like it!!! So I plan on moving one of them to my 30. Which has a flame gourami. Hopefully it works out. My flame doesn't seem to be aggressive at all!!!

That doesn't surprise me at all. Males are fairly territorial, so you can only keep multiple males if you've got a big enough group of them to diffuse bullying. That tends to be true even for the "mellow" species like the Pearls. They ARE relatives of bettas, after all :) Females seem to do fine in any number though.

Back
Top Bottom