Gouramis eat my plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

35galhextank

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My dwarf gourami and my honey gourami eat my water Lilly to death I feed them every morning I mix Cichlid pellets and flakes for my tetras and rams also they eat the pellets right up but I notice every morning I get up my water Lilly's have more and more bite marks out of them what else and I provide for them to eat instead of my plants

My dwarf gouramis do the same thing, but luckily I have a plant that grows really fast. Fish are grazers and will snack through out the day. The only things you can really do is feed them smaller servings of food through out the day

Yeah they seam to stick to my one plant it does grow fast so I guess I'm not to worried about it but it provides hiding At the top of my tank

Often times adding veggie items such as blanched zucchini or cucumber on veggie clips every couple days will help curb their appetite for greens. Also using a good algae type flake food every couple days could help.

Peas are good too when you peel the skin off. Peas are a veggie and can be categorized as a protein source as well. I feed API mini pellets and its meat free for my planted tanks

Just don't feed them too much as they get fat really easily. If you see the big bellies don't think they are pregnant, just overate so do not feed for a day and they will slim down. If the scales start poking out you have a problem

Back
Top Bottom