Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-06-2020, 11:45 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Gravel cleaner.

Hi. My gravel/water siphon broke after 10 years. Completely manual no pump to start the siphon. I need to buy a new one. So I'm looking at Amazon a Kasan,Python and a number of others. The Kason has a nice feature of changing the uptake hose size.. Plus it has a bulb starter. Python has the bulb starter. I also can get a manual gravel.maintenance cleaner like the one I had before. The Kasan seems like one that I might be good for cleaning the bottom of my 10gal that is on a stand that has my 20 gal on top. Any suggestions?

Old 07-10-2020, 07:26 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

The problem with gravel cleaning on small tanks is that the water is removed too fast before you can vacuum the gravel. However, if you use a small submersible 60 gph pump, some tubing, a pill bottle and floss you can clean the gravel and the water goes back into the tank. Here is a pump...

https://www.amazon.com/Echpow-USB-Ve...-garden&sr=1-5

Simply add about 18" of tubing, cut the bottom off the pill bottle and drill a hole in the cap for the tubing. Put the pump on the inside glass and some floss in the pill bottle and turn it on. Have extra floss ready to sway out as is clogs quickly. Works like a champ.

Tags
clean, cleaner, gravel

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com