green algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snowman17

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Has Anyone here tried or experience with growing green algea on rocks in the sun? This will be my first time trying using Texas rock and a good sunny spot outside is there anything I should do to maximize growth? This will be fot my 55 mbuna who graze on algea in the wild.

just realized I spelled algae wrong .

Last edited by a moderator:
No worries, I fixed the title for you. Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to your question. I'd imagine you'll get plenty of algae, and probably TONS of mosquito larvae as well. ;)

Absolutely works wonders.
I use a shallow wide tub and use my water change water to keep it filled
I have 12 river stones that I rotate out each week.
I did cheat initially in the beginning I used a couple rocks out of my step moms water fountain pond that was full of algae already to get a nice startup.

OK so I need a wider bucket I'm using a normal bucket. And the water level is pretty high

OK so I need a wider bucket I'm using a normal bucket. And the water level is pretty high

Yes in tall buckes the sun is only hitting the rocks a couple hrs a day. I got a plastic toat from wallmart 2feet by like 4feet like 6inches hi

Back
Top Bottom