Green Neon disease

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Castillo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I have heard that all the types of neon tetras have a disease. Can anyone tell me more about it or the likely hood that I would buy some that have it?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Neon tetra disease, it happens. I've only seen it twice out of about 30 neons and green neons. Can't be treated and once it starts best to remove affected fish, can be spread through consumption of affected fish. When buying tetras avoid any disfigured or funky looking fish. Keep water parameters in check. Ntd aside there is the random neon death thing, they'll just die for no apparent reason.. happens..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Neon tetra disease, it happens. I've only seen it twice out of about 30 neons and green neons. Can't be treated and once it starts best to remove affected fish, can be spread through consumption of affected fish. When buying tetras avoid any disfigured or funky looking fish. Keep water parameters in check. Ntd aside there is the random neon death thing, they'll just die for no apparent reason.. happens..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's best not to buy from a tank that has infected tetras in it.

The disease will infect any tetra, it's just most commonly seen in neon and yes neons pop off for seemingly no reason, mainly due to the fact that farmed fish are usually kept in rather poor conditions and wild ones don't transport all that well, making them weaker from the start.

Sent from my 5560S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom