Green phantom pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bulldog

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys I noticed that there is hi fin green phantom plcos and normal green phantom plecos. I saw that hi fin get smaller than normal but i wondered if anyone of them were harder to keep or if they were the same difficulty. Thanks in advance. :)

The non hi fin is Hemiancistrus subviridis and the hi fin is Baryancistrus demantoides

Keeping Plecos

Hey guys I noticed that there is hi fin green phantom plcos and normal green phantom plecos. I saw that hi fin get smaller than normal but i wondered if anyone of them were harder to keep or if they were the same difficulty. Thanks in advance. :)

Hello bull...

Plecos are a very hardy fish, but like all aquarium fish they should be kept in pure water conditions for good health. I have several varieties, from 3 to 8 inches in a 60 gallon, heavily planted tank and change at least half the tank water every week.

You simply need to keep the water clean with large, weekly water changes. The fish and plants will take care of themselves.

B

Back
Top Bottom