Green terror......terror!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Monsweet

Aquarium Advice Regular
We have a 240litre tAnk. We had 2 platys,4 mollies, 1 kissing fish, 2 bosmarni, black shark, silver shark and albino plec. We bought a green terror and a chocolate rainbow chichlid on the weekend after being reassured they would be fine with our other fish but by god they were wrong!!!!! Last few mornings we have woke up to find a bean up fish or fish with chunks of fins missing, couldn't understand what was doing it as everything was so peaceful with the lights on. So this evening we turned the light out and to our horror the mollies started panicking, swimming on their sides all curled up, next minute the green terror was out trying to eat them!!!!!!!! I was mortified!! Out on a feasting spree!! But I think the other fish are a little too big but still being pecked at!! So we immediately took the mollies platys and kissing fish out as they seemed to be the targets! So my question is, do you think the cichlid, sharks and bismarni's will be ok!!??? They seem to be mid or top swimmers as the smaller fish were bottom and easy target????????

image-2401376576.jpg

I'd say the other fish should be big enough to survive the Green Terror

Ah brill! I hope so! Wouldn't want to have to get rid of the green terror as it's gorgeous!

The Green Terror is WAY to aggressive to be in a tank with mollies, platy's and the like. He needs to be in a tank with other fish of his type.

We were told from a fish shop he would be fine! We have now taken the vulnerable ones out and rehomed! Cross fingers he will start behaving now!

We were told from a fish shop he would be fine! We have now taken the vulnerable ones out and rehomed! Cross fingers he will start behaving now!

The LFS just wants to make a sale. Trust me, I've made the same mistake :)

Cheers! Do you think the sharks, bosmarni and large chocolate cichlid will be ok?

Cheers! Do you think the sharks, bosmarni and large chocolate cichlid will be ok?

Not sure about the 2 Cichlids but either of them should be ok with the shark. Might wanna ask in the Cichlid forum :) I'm sure the Green Terror has its name for a reason, lol

Haha ok thanks! What have we let ourselves in for!! Ha we didn't know it was called a green terror till we googled it!

Haha ok thanks! What have we let ourselves in for!! Ha we didn't know it was called a green terror till we googled it!

They are very pretty fish, like most cichlids. The green Terror will probably grow to 7 inches or more as well. He'll easily be able to gobble up the smaller community fish with no problems.

It is a stunning fish, will have to do some research and wise up :)

image-1818425225.jpg

This is him

Back
Top Bottom