green tint to my cloudy water. help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Copachick

Aquarium Advice Freak
Our tank has been.cloudy for quite some time. It's not a brand new tank. It's been cycled. Now we just noticed after doing a water change that it has a green tint. Algae bloom?? How should I fix it?
We just did a test, ammonia is 0, nitrite 0, ph was a little low.... and nitrate was a smidge high like 40

How much light? is the tank in sunlight at all? How long do you leave the lights on? What is your water change schedule? Is the tank planted? How much do you feed?

We only leave the lights on about 4 to 5 hours a day. But since the new live plant 3 days ago, the light is on most of the day. But the tank has been cloudy for 2 months.
.8000k full spectrum daylight 17 wat bulb in it.
Pwc once a week 25%. No direct sunlight coming In on it.
We feed them once a day. We switch up their diet between flake food, brine shrimp, and worms..not all at once obviously

What type of filter, how often is it cleaned? Do ou vacuum the gravel. I would up you water change amount as you have cloudy water and your nitrates are slightly elevated.

Tetra whisper EX30. We change it when the indecator tells us too, plus we rinse it off in-between. Yes we vacuum whenever we do water changes.

Do you have any bog wood in your tank? When we had a smaller aquarium the bog wood used to make the water have a dark greeny/brown tint to it, even though we soaked the bog wood before putting it in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom