Green water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Could be dozens of things. What's in your tank? How long has it been running? What kind of lighting do you have and how long is it left on? What kind of filtration do you have? What are your chemistry figures (pH, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate)?

Sent from my SM-T310 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Green water typically means an algae bloom, not sure what the other 11+ possibilities are.
Do some large water changes over the next few days to physically remove as much as you can.
Reduce the amount of time the light is on to around 6-7 hours and maybe reduce the amount of food you're feeding your fish.
This should starve out whatever is remaining. Algae blooms are usually the result of excess nutrients and/or light.

Thanks for the reply.
I have:
1 hillstream loach
2 rapheal catfish
1 bristlenose albino pleco
2 apple snails
2 ghost shrimp
3 platys
6 mollys
about 10 guppies.
65 gallon tank, AC 20 and AC 50 filters, 25w light, a few artificial plants and 2 lava rocks.
The light is on for only about 2-3 hours a day, feeding twice a day, WC once a week. Im not sure about the ph etc I will have to check.
I did a 70% WC yesterday but it hasn't gone. I will do another tomorrow and see what happens.

Dozens of things meaning several things feeding algae, or it could be discolored from other minerals. Flourish gives my water a slight green tint. So does iron. And ammonia.

You're feeding too frequently. Cut to only once a day, and a minimal amount. You could even skip one day a week. Also, how warm is the tank? Warmer tanks grow algae faster.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom