Growing out angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

quinnmquinn

Aquarium Advice Activist
I recently bought two angelfish from joegargas on aquabid. Shipped really well, and threw in two extra!
They are pretty small about dime size bodies. He gave the instruction to feed brine shrimp hatchlings so I have been. I am keeping them in a 5 gallon now so they can eat up.
Just wondering the procedure to switch them to flakes, when to move them to a bigger tank, as well as any water quality tips.

IMG_8916.jpg

Just start adding them in, crushed, doing additional pwc's. Just to keep them safe and growing strong.

I would start though with baby fish food, there are additional things for growing baby fish they add in for wellness and growth. Keep feeding them some baby brine. There is frozen available too in case you are feeding home grown bbs.

Often found in saltwater fish stores (ask for them, or for them to to order them in for you if they keep frozen foods), sometimes in the freshwater stores.

Okay thank you! Yeah I’m feeding shrimp from a little hatchery I have at my house, seems to be producing enough. (Maybe too much though, the littlest always gets a VERY bloated belly after eating).
Eventually they will end up in a 125, I just don’t know if I should add them directly when they’re a certain size, or slowly scale up the tank.

If there is anything which would bite / eat them, you might be best to wait. But the will come for food, see person, eat food, lol. Having large amounts of water is geat for growing them out big and beautiful.

A 5 is pretty small for 4 angels, something a little bigger like a 29 or 55 would be a lot better until they are big enough to go in the 125. The bigger the better tank for growing them out. But be sure there isn't a bigger fish that will eat or harass them.
Any good quality flake will do. Crush some in your fingers and feed them about 10 minutes before you feed the baby brine. When they come running for the flake like they do for the baby brine they are big enough to wean off the baby brine.

Okay I was wondering that about the 5. My other option was to throw them in my 36 community, but wanted to make sure they’d get the food. Nothing is in the 125 now. Just think it’s be hard for them to catch the brine shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom