grrrrr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bmg07

Aquarium Advice Freak
well i was out of town for about a week and i get back home to my dads and go down stairs to look at my 75 gal and it is super cloudy i look closer and theres probbaly 55 algea wafers laying on the tank bottem. i look on the table and theres an empty bag of wafers with a baby doll. HMMm i wonder who that could be .my 5 and 2 year old sisters. and they got in trouble ive been spending all morning fishing the wafers out with a net but most of them are already dissolved. So all morning ive been cleaning it out . still working on cleaning it. the only fish i had in there when it happened was a huge pacu and plecos but they seem to be ok:mad: also we are having a house party today and the tank probally wont be clean by 4:00

My mother did the same thing with an old mirror-back I had years ago. Very frustrating indeed. Kick your filtration into High gear with lots of current... if your tank has been set up for a while then it wont take long to clear out. Obviously try to get the wafers out. Do a 50% water change and try to vac the gravel a bit. Then let the tank do the rest.

Do a 75% or 90% PWC and you will be okay. I'd also dose 3-4 times the recommended amount of Prime or some other ammonia neutralizer.

My friend went over to my gf's dorm once and fed her betta for her. Unfortunately he didnt know that you dont feed the betta 40 sinking shrimp pellets and no one caught this mistake until the next day...long story short my gf became -1 betta

Back
Top Bottom