guorami tank mates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

janeth0185

Aquarium Advice Regular
i wanted to add one guorami to my 10 gallon tank...is there any other fish i can add to the aquarium that it can get along with?? would like some bottom swimmers as well, so what tank mates can i add and would get along with??:fish2::):fish1:

What type of gourami were you thinking because most can't fit in a 10 gallon?

ummm not really sure what type of gourami...i saw this really beautiful one at the store today ( gold with light blue) dont remember what type it was,but i would love to have one if i can.

Most fish stores carry dwarf gouramis that are very nice looking and I believe if you had one in a ten gallon you would be okay

is it possible to add tank mates that would get along with the dwarf gourami or would i only be able to have just the gourami in my 10 gallon?

My DG is housed in a 10g with 3 tuxedo guppies, 2 emerald corries.. They all get along just fine.

Yes. Mine is housed with guppies, cherry barbs, otos, platies, german blue rams,. Quite a lot of stuff really! But I would say guppies or maybe a school of ember tetra?

thanks all for the nice suggestions...cant wait til the tank gets cycled n i can add my fish :flowers::fish2:

oh forgot to add, can i have a dwarf gourami with some mollies or a DG with some colored skirt tetra fish? and if so how many can i have for the 10 gallon

Last edited:
That's a flame DG that you seen in the lfs I have one and he's great! That like floating plants and like to own the top of the tank as they are air breathers

Wow... What a great looking DG flame you got there! Love how the colors are so deep and vibrant in yours.

Here's mine:

ForumRunner_20120729_123037.jpg

Back
Top Bottom