Guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nickiminaj lover

Aquarium Advice Activist
I want to get a few guppies to put in my 29 gallon tank with Molly's and platies. But aren't they they type of fish that multiply like crazy? Any other idea to put in the tank?

Yes guppies multiply like crazy, but you could always talk to your lfs and sell them to the lfs possibly. Otherwise, you could up your number of Molly's and Platies.

If you want something different, you could get some Cory Cats, dwarf gourami's (atleast 2), rummynose tetra's, or maybe a female betta. (Female is less aggressive).

sorry! lol, Local Fish Store. Not like a petsmart or chain store but like a mom & pop store.

O! Thanks! I called petland and they will take them. I hope they don't feed them to a fish.

Yes guppies multiply like crazy, but you could always talk to your lfs and sell them to the lfs possibly. Otherwise, you could up your number of Molly's and Platies.

If you want something different, you could get some Cory Cats, dwarf gourami's (atleast 2), rummynose tetra's, or maybe a female betta. (Female is less aggressive).
Sorry for going off topic but I must disagree. Females are no where close being less aggressive, I see females even more aggressive. The only advantage is that you can get a sorority.

Ok sorry, I knew some of the fish that could be mixed but googled it for more ideas and one link said that... But thanks! Haha

I have both Mollies and Guppies in my tank, and I think you need to be careful-- a lot of Guppies I had was dying on me even though "perfect" water conditions, and it took me a long, long time to figure out, that it was because of Mollies. They're just eating/pooping machines, and they were basically eating the whole food before the poor Guppies could get to any. As soon as I started to pay a little more attention to make sure the Guppies are getting the food as well, everything is fine.
And I could also argue about which fishes "multiply" faster - Guppies or Mollies...

Nicki,
Fish can't count. I have only 4 Serpae Tetras and they are rosey red, fat and happy. They have been for six months now. I've had only three Julie Cory Cats that long too and they are fat and healthy also. Hmmm. Go figure! OS.

Nicki,
Fish can't count. I have only 4 Serpae Tetras and they are rosey red, fat and happy. They have been for six months now. I've had only three Julie Cory Cats that long too and they are fat and healthy also. Hmmm. Go figure! OS.
No but a too small amount might result in a fail to school.

Back
Top Bottom