Guppies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JTAM963

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have my 30 hex up and now am thinking more of a community route/ since I got the cichlids in the 60 gallon and 125 coming over summer, so i think community would be fun. I have a ? about guppies. Could you breed between varieties. I like the look of the tequila sunrise males, but seems like there aren't as many of the same females for sale. Could I buy some blue or any other color and will they mate?

Any guppy will mate with any other guppy. If you want matched pairs you will need to find a local breeder or search for them online.

So if I bought say 3 tequila sunrise males and 3 females, they would likely breed or no? I thought guppies were fairly easy to breed, plus I want to raise young of some sort..think it'd be fun.

kk cool...most def going to get 2 mail tequilas and maybe a blue one...then 6 females mixed...what else can go with them in my 25 hex

Cory cats would be nice on the bottom. If you want the young to survive try planting moss and floating some plants. Most other fish will prey on the youngsters.

Could I mix any other community fish with 9 guppies?? And was wondering if I should let tank run for a while or are they hardy enough to survive new tank

They will mix well with peaceful fish. I would certainly cycle the tank first before adding fish.

I just got a free ten gallon tank at work today from some guy..has a aquatech filter and a hood..but no heater..soaking it now in hot water...then going to maybe scrub it down a bit more ;)

Back
Top Bottom