Guppies-about 2 pop!!!-im a guppy momma

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

My guppies look like they are about to pop... anyway to tell for sure?

Guess i could be a little more detailed... Ive been watching their gravid spots and when i bought them from the LFS they were small but they've gotten bigger and lighter and now they seem to be getting bigger and darker. Their boddies look huge now and ive had them for about... 3 weeks (i think). How long do guppies usually carry? I have 3 females and 1 male but im almost positive the females were prego when i got them.

Sounds like they are close. I've just had 2 guppies give birth and they were so swollen in the tummy and the gravid spot was pretty large. I even got to watch as one dropped her fry! It was so cool. Good luck!

Well not sure which one it was, but i have babies 2 day!!! Im a guppy mommy!!! LOL. I only saw a few hiding here and there so im sure mom and dad had a snack. But maybe a few will survive to adulthood!

Hmmmm. I used to have 4 kids, now I have three. I'll have to ask my wife if she's been snacking. 8O

It's a good thing guppies don't reproduce at our rate. They'd be self-exterminated as a species.

Back
Top Bottom