Guppies and the Siamese Fighting Fish???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In my experience, it can go either way depending on the personality of the betta. If you want to try it, be prepared to move the betta to a different home if you need to.

It all depends on the betta, mine did fine, but mine was a community betta.

My betta did fine with long fin danios, fancy guppies,angels and neons.

I agree....some bettas will eat them, beat them up etc. Just watch closely and be ready to rehome them or take someone back to the store.

I've got a Betta in a 10G tank with some guppies, platys, and a molly. I don't really see any kind of aggression either way.

Some are, some aren't. I have 2 bettas I would never put with other fish because I KNOW they would beat them up. But I have 2 other ones that would be just fine! I was just talking with a girl on here who had to put in a divider between her betta and cory's because he was nipping their fins off. I think it just depends on the bettas personality, whether they are sweet or bratty lol!
I have a D. Gourmi that is really mean, and I have one that is really nice! IMO all fish have a personality lol!
Good luck!

ok thanks everyone! we already have a betta with guppies and so far haven't had much luck.... the guppies seem to be having chunks taken out of their fins so we've separated them. Looking for a new home for him at the mo! Just wanted to know what other people have experienced!!!
Thank u x

you can put him on a compartment that the make for bettas so you can keep him in the tank, the have suction cups for those and you can keep upto 4 bettas in those things when i was a kid we had two of those in our tank due that we raised bettas trying to get a white 1

Has anyone ever kept these two together?
The number of different places we've been to and all say different things????

I had a betta with guppies mollies and platys. All fine for weeks. I added some honey gouramis and he ripped one apart and kept going for the others. I took him out and placed him in a 5g for a week or two, the honey gouramis didn't make it.

Moved all my tank around and re-introduced him. 2 days of flaring and attempted murder. He's now rehomed to who ever my lfs sold him too lol.

Lauren, that might not be the betta injuring the fins, what decor do you have in the tank?

I noticed alot of my big fantail male guppies have chunks or tears in their fins, I moved them to a planted tank and since then the fins are perfectly fine. Might be some of the decor doing it as well, youll notice it more in the betta due to the amount of finnage it has more-so then a guppy but its something to consider.

I had a betta with guppies mollies and platys. All fine for weeks. I added some honey gouramis and he ripped one apart and kept going for the others. I took him out and placed him in a 5g for a week or two, the honey gouramis didn't make it.

Moved all my tank around and re-introduced him. 2 days of flaring and attempted murder. He's now rehomed to who ever my lfs sold him too lol.

Well it wasnt the betta's fault you added an enemy to the tank.

gourami's and bettas together is like putting a match out in a bucket of gasoline.

Well it wasnt the betta's fault you added an enemy to the tank.

gourami's and bettas together is like putting a match out in a bucket of gasoline.

Well I had dwarf gouramis in with him before and they was fine. He was still "irate" after the honey gouramis had gone

Back
Top Bottom