Guppies being attacked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SFMk2

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all,

I'm hoping someone here may be able to help...

I havea 54l tank with 4 neon tetras, 5 black neon tetras & 1 candy snail in (all male).

I went out yesterday & bought 3 male guppies & 1 male Killifish & 1 female Killifish.

they all seemed fine last night when the lights went out, but when i got up this morning all 3 guppies tail fins have been savaged!

I've moved the 3 guppies into my 15l tank out of the way and they are recovering a bit, they are a lot more lively tonight...

As guppies and tetras are supposed to be good community fish, can anyone think why this would happen? or indeed how to prevent it happening?

thanks a lot :D

Killies did it. the tetras you have arent known for nipping. Mine never nipped and my black neons are very social, I would pin point the killies as your nippers, but to be honest, gups nips their own tails as well as other males tails.

thats a small tank for all those fish though. 15USG is 54L

also there are alot of nipper tetras out there, not all are peaceful.

I did have th 9 tetras and 1 snail in a 15l tank. now theyre in a bigger one and get shed loads of oxygen too.

****, the killi's cost a fortune and look gorgeous too! i dont want to be getting rid of them
is there any way of stopping it?

Back
Top Bottom