Guppies Dying!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MareeHood

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok so we've had guppies for months. Got 8 more last week. Since then they have been dropping like flys! Avg of 3 per day. Started off being just the new ones. Now it's the originals too.
Ph is at 7
In a well established tank
Neons are great. It's just the guppies.
Is there some kinda guppy sickness ?
Is very strange!

Help ppl

I had this same problem too. I chalked it up to the breeding of the guppies. In my 55g community tank with near perfect parameters my guppies were dropping like flys. Other than nearly a dozen guppies the only fish I lost was a harlequin rasbora and a lyretail killifish. Even my GBR was perfectly fine during this. I think it was some sort of bacterial infection that was able to infect a heavily inbred strain due to their innately weakened immune system. I mainly base it on that because my other strain of guppies I had in the same tank were just fine.

All good info

Our original guppies are dying off now too. It's gotta be something bacterial going on

If its bacterial then all fish in your tank are susceptible to it

True, but most won't succumb to it. Like I pointed out in my tank, I had almost 20 fish in my tank that weren't guppies and I only lost 2 of them while nearly all of my guppies died.

True, but most won't succumb to it. Like I pointed out in my tank, I had almost 20 fish in my tank that weren't guppies and I only lost 2 of them while nearly all of my guppies died.

You know, I work at petsmart and people arw bringing more and more guppies back from dying. Mayne it is do to the massive inbreeding causeing problems

Back
Top Bottom