Guppies nipping angel fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

peterpan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi i have recently bought an angel sih for my sons tank but the guppies just wont leave it alone ... The angel fish seems to stay in one corner of the tank most of the time. Is this normal ? :ermm:

That's weird because guppies are usually really friendly... Angels tend to get picked on by fin nippers like tetras. I'm surprised that the angel hasn't eaten the guppies. Is the angel fully grown?

maxwellag said:
That's weird because guppies are usually really friendly... Angels tend to get picked on by fun nippers like tetras. I'm surprised that the angel hasn't eaten the guppies. Is the angel fully grown?

Yes ^ I agree with you!

Angel fish

Yes the guppies keepattacking it ... But the angell fish at the moment is laid on its side at bottom of tank.. Could the pet shop have give me a poorly fish ?

What size tank and what are your parameters? There are a few reasons why the fish could be laying on its side. The guppies are picking on it because it is weak. Strong fish pick on weaker ones.

Back
Top Bottom