Guppy food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spongebobson

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello, I recently got 2 males and 3 females Green Moscows guppies.
Is it nutricious to feed bloodworms? I read they need some vegetable matter, Would micropellets from Hikari (neons food) be enough?

Thanks

Daniel

Should be fine. I feed the little feeder guppy that got tossed in my bag accidentally the New Life Spectrum small fish stuff that I feed my Pristella Tetras.

Just read the bloodworm thing. Feed as treat not as a staple food and you will be ok.

I've heard that the worms are high in fat...so that's why it isn't good to feed as a staple...but I feed them to my guppies every 2 or 3 days, and they are fine and very prolific, of course! =)

fat is not whats needed as a staple.. when you look at the food check out the protein source, thats what really makes it a good food, the higher the better.

They don't even need any special foods. I have never needed to feed my fancies or feeders anything special. Sometimes they do get a treat though :)

whats so special about feeder guppies. Ive never found out. I have fancy guppies...but never realyl heard about feeders. Can someone explain? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom