Guppy fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meashkah

Aquarium Advice Regular
One of my females had her fry yesterday. I was only able to save 1, but I don't think she had that many. :(

I have the little guy in a 20 gallon that I had been cycling. All the levels are fine in there but I'm worried he will be stressed all by himself. I put a stocking over the filter intake so he wouldn't get sucked up.

One of my females had her fry yesterday. I was only able to save 1, but I don't think she had that many. :(

I have the little guy in a 20 gallon that I had been cycling. All the levels are fine in there but I'm worried he will be stressed all by himself. I put a stocking over the filter intake so he wouldn't get sucked up.

Hopefully she gets pregnant again. Fry dont get lonely. Only when they get to juvenile/adult age will they need some company IMO. What color is the fry?

Hopefully she gets pregnant again. Fry dont get lonely. Only when they get to juvenile/adult age will they need some company IMO. What color is the fry?

There's another female who I think is pregnant too. I'm not trying to raise guppies and have a second hobby, but I can't just let them die so maybe this second tank might turn into a guppy raising tank (second hobby...lol). I didn't think I would worry so much about it when I got the 2 females and the male. Actually, I was so naive about it all, I didn't know how easily they bred. *blushes*

The little fry is a grey color and seems healthy and active/inquisitive. It's body is whiter and the tail is grey-ish.

There's another female who I think is pregnant too. I'm not trying to raise guppies and have a second hobby, but I can't just let them die so maybe this second tank might turn into a guppy raising tank (second hobby...lol). I didn't think I would worry so much about it when I got the 2 females and the male. Actually, I was so naive about it all, I didn't know how easily they bred. *blushes*

The little fry is a grey color and seems healthy and active/inquisitive. It's body is whiter and the tail is grey-ish.

The fry should start to gain real colors after around 1 month. If the body and tail are already different shades, they it will most likely be bi-colored. :). If you have 1 male and 2 females, your gonna keep having pregnant female. The second hobby is really fun too though. Lol.

The fry should start to gain real colors after around 1 month. If the body and tail are already different shades, they it will most likely be bi-colored. :). If you have 1 male and 2 females, your gonna keep having pregnant female. The second hobby is really fun too though. Lol.

I get so attached to animals so fast. For instance when I got the guppies (my son picked them out) I didn't really know that much and we had no other fish in the tank. I read up on them later that night and was already too attached to take them back. Lol. They have a lot of personality and beg for food. Hahaha. I could pet them if I wanted to. So luckily I had plans for this second tank but I haven't stocked it or scaped it yet. Looks like it was meant to be!

I get so attached to animals so fast. For instance when I got the guppies (my son picked them out) I didn't really know that much and we had no other fish in the tank. I read up on them later that night and was already too attached to take them back. Lol. They have a lot of personality and beg for food. Hahaha. I could pet them if I wanted to. So luckily I had plans for this second tank but I haven't stocked it or scaped it yet. Looks like it was meant to be!

That's awesome. :). I also had an extra 10 gal lying around and I was cycling it and thinking about the stock when my koi layer thousand of eggs. So I thought, why not use that 10 gal? So I did and now I'm raising koi in there.

You seem to be very knowledgable and helpful with all this guppy business. Thank you for all your help. Do you think I should put a bubble bar in for the little guy? I have an extra.

That's awesome. :). I also had an extra 10 gal lying around and I was cycling it and thinking about the stock when my koi layer thousand of eggs. So I thought, why not use that 10 gal? So I did and now I'm raising koi in there.

That was meant to be too! Koi are so beautiful.

You seem to be very knowledgable and helpful with all this guppy business. Thank you for all your help. Do you think I should put a bubble bar in for the little guy? I have an extra.

Are you using a filter in the fry tank? Do you also have an extra air pump?

That was meant to be too! Koi are so beautiful.

Yup. I especially love the platinum and gold ones. :). The female is actually the fastest growing kind of koi so I hope next year, she will lay twice the amount of eggs she had this year. You were thinking of raising koi too?

image-3560748979.jpg

Here's his home. I was going to do a south American aquascape. I think I still will but he can stay. there's just random plants in there and I hate the rocks and gravel. This tank was going to be completely renovated. ;)

Yes it's a marine land bio wheel. I've had the whole thing for about 6 weeks. I have an extra air pump too. As you can see in the picture I covered the intake with a baby sock. Which is actually doing a good job at pre filtering. It's catching all the loose stuff.

No I think I'll stick to saving the guppies. I do admire those beautiful fish though.

Here's his home. I was going to do a south American aquascape. I think I still will but he can stay. there's just random plants in there and I hate the rocks and gravel. This tank was going to be completely renovated. ;)

Ok, since you have a filter, you can definitely put the air bar in. Would help with oxygenation a lot. Just make sure the air pump is not near anything that can smoke, release toxins, or anything harmful to fish. No offense but I would rescape it too. :).

There's another female who I think is pregnant too. I'm not trying to raise guppies and have a second hobby, but I can't just let them die so maybe this second tank might turn into a guppy raising tank (second hobby...lol).

If you don't leave them in the main tank this will be your new hobbie or chore very quickly :)

Ok, since you have a filter, you can definitely put the air bar in. Would help with oxygenation a lot. Just make sure the air pump is not near anything that can smoke, release toxins, or anything harmful to fish. No offense but I would rescape it too. :).

No offense taken!!! Lol. That tank has just been a dumping ground for plant clippings and random stuff. Can't wait to make it look pretty!

:). Gonna make it planted? What kind of plants are you gonna use? When do you plan to rescape it?

Well now that there is a tiny guppy fry in there. I'll probably wait until he's bigger to rescape. I wanted to do lots of java fern with wood and rocks. I'm still debating on a few things. I do
Love a big clump of java fern though. ;)

Inspiration:

image-812134140.jpg

Well now that there is a tiny guppy fry in there. I'll probably wait until he's bigger to rescape. I wanted to do lots of java fern with wood and rocks. I'm still debating on a few things. I do
Love a big clump of java fern though. ;)

Inspiration:

Wow! That tank looks pretty awesome! Java fern does look better in large groups. When you rescape it, you should make a thread. :). Hopefully the fry will be almost adult by the end if the year or the start of next year.

Back
Top Bottom