Guppy fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jblkfishfantasy

Aquarium Advice Regular
What are the chances of my guppy fry surviving in a tank with dwarf gourami? Well planted also java moss?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

There is a good survival rate as long as there is plenty of cover for your fry, good luck, and congrats!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

6 out of 8 survived and are 2 weeks old now swimming round with the others and all have little black tails ?

How big a tank and how many M/F guppies do you have? Chances are strong that you'll have more than you expect survive to adulthood. I was quickly getting overwhelmed by them in my 75g even with 4 adult Opaline/Blue/Lavender gourami there to help chomp a few down. They're cute now until you're looking at huge numbers of them ;)

I know I'm a bit worried now lol I don't want anymore fry the tanks only a baby compared to yours! 21 gallons with 2 males and a 2 female guppys, a dalmation Molly, 5 neon tetras a platy and a guoriami :) I was thinking is it possible the fry could be the guppy and the dalmation Molly because he is forever chasing her around and they do have black tails already...!

Guppies and Mollies can cross breed if I remember right... So it's entirely possible. With 3 female livebearers that are compatible with your males, you'll be seeing quite a few fry... I only had 6 females in my 75 before I swapped to all males. I highly recommend going the all male route. You get all the pretties with none of the fry issues ;)

Back
Top Bottom