guppy got attacked.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

00steppie00

Aquarium Advice Activist
One of my beautiful male guppies got attacked and most of his long beautiful tail fins are gone, will they grow back and will he be okay?

He should be fine as long as you keep the water clean as clean water will aid in quicker healing. Your problem is who did the attacking and if it will happen again.

If the fins are simply torn you shouldn't worry. However, if it appears that the base of the tail (where the fin meets the body) is injured you need to isolate and treat the guppy.

Your Male Guppy

One of my beautiful male guppies got attacked and most of his long beautiful tail fins are gone, will they grow back and will he be okay?

Hello 00...

The damage to your Guppy's tale is likely permanent. But, the good news is, he'll stay healthy if you remove him or the source of his injury. Keep the water pure with large, regular water changes and add some frozen foods to his diet.

Guppys aren't the best community tank fish. Most fish, even small ones, will make a target of the fancy tail. I've found I can only keep Corydoras (the little cats) with Guppys.

B

Back
Top Bottom