Guppy Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DolphinMan

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello all!! I have 3 female guppies and I noticed that they have been in the corner of the tank at the water line with there mouths at the every top of the tank! What are they doing!?!

How long have they been doing that? My mollie did that for 2 days before he died. My 1st fish to pass in nearly 2 years. Still don't know what the cause was. And I checked EVERYTHING in my tank

My female guppies normally hang out near my filter or heater when they are about to give birth. They get a dark spot on the bottom of their stomach. That is where the fry are being held. Post a pic of them so we know what you are talking about

Has your tank been cycled? There could be to much build up of toxins and they are trying to get air. Do you have an air stone in your tank? That might help the issue somewhat. If your tank is not cycled there are a lot of people on here that can explain the process better than I can. I also know there are a few articles about it on the website as well.

Do you have enough surface movement at the waterline? I always keep my water a bit lower for this reason.

There doing good, but know two females are in the opposite corner by the heater.

Back
Top Bottom