Guppy in love with platty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KevinES

Aquarium Advice Regular
In my 29 I have 3 platties and 3 guppies. 1 male platty and 1 male guppy to 2 female patties and 2 female guppies. The male guppy has show little intrest in the female guppies but will not leave my felame mickey mouse platty alone.
What is the deal? Is this just a dumb[mod edit] guppy? I really don't want him to pound my platty to death...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well what would you call agression? He has been at the platty's anal fin for the last 10 hours or so...I mean he isn't nippy but he follows her like shes in heat...or something...her rear is black so I think she already pregnant...that's whats weird...

Hmm aggresion would be the nipping of the fins and chasing around. Why not add another female guppy and see if he gets some more interest in her than in the micky mouse platy.

Yea I could try that. I was going to stop by the LFS again today. But I already have 2 female guppies that need to get sexed up lol

Male guppies will try to mate with anything that resembles a female guppy. Provide cover for the platy to escape.

Back
Top Bottom