Guppy owners weigh in

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was using a sponge on my water intake but it interfered with the water flow. No matter how much I cleaned it, it cut down on the water movement. I bought a really tight weave of panty hose and cut out the sides of a vitamin bottle and put the hose around that to help it not get pulled into the filter intake. It is hidden behind my plants so the ugliness isn't seen. I still have to clean it every few days but it works better than the sponge. Is there a particular type of sponge everyone uses?

Attachments

• filterintake (2).jpg
    filterintake (2).jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 37
I was using a sponge on my water intake but it interfered with the water flow. No matter how much I cleaned it, it cut down on the water movement. I bought a really tight weave of panty hose and cut out the sides of a vitamin bottle and put the hose around that to help it not get pulled into the filter intake. It is hidden behind my plants so the ugliness isn't seen. I still have to clean it every few days but it works better than the sponge. Is there a particular type of sponge everyone uses?

I have tried using a sponge in the past but the sponge got so delicate it clogged the filter and almost stopped the flow. When I took it out, it fell into pieces.

Back
Top Bottom