Guppy/platy mating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Guppy & Platy

Platy guppy mating? Is thus normal?

Hello D...

This is simply a practice session for the male. Guppies and Platys together can't breed. They aren't closely related.

If you want a "Livebearer" hybrid, then put some Platys and Swordtails together.

B

Ok I started to prep for babies by moving all my decor and heavy plants to one side of my tank and as soon as I stopped they started all mating all of a sudden. Thanks

My other platy female is pregnant has been since i got her three weeks ago she was big then and now I can see little eyes in he back lower abdominal area is she close? She has been hiding by herself since last night. I put her in the big breeding net today with my female guppy that is also pregnant I have a plant and rocks in there but how long is too long to have her in there?

When Mina (my female deceased guppy) had her babies, I had to move her to a smaller, separate tank from her husband, Zack. She took a good week to a week and a half or so before she popped those little suckers out, and the only way we knew it was because Zack was having a fit over at the side of his tank that faced her. I don't know about platys, but guppies can hold it off a little while, for some reason.

I have a second tank set up but it's not cycle and i have a goldfish and three tetras in side it to keep a less aggressive tank for babies they were formally in my main tank with all the mommas tanks been going for five days now trying to cycle it before babies come thinking that's why my fish keep dying when put in there

Back
Top Bottom