Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-24-2013, 01:41 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Guppy sick?

Is there something wrong with my guppy? It seems bigger than my other guppies, and has a dark reddish/black spot on its belly. It swims sort of weird, moving slowly, and wiggling its body more, but other than that seems fine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1838347424.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	164.6 KB
ID:	182279  

Old 06-24-2013, 01:44 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

More pictures. Not very good quality, won't focus so close..
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-1135731991.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	183.5 KB
ID:	182280   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3988077854.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	199.0 KB
ID:	182281  

Name:	image-918210020.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	176.6 KB
ID:	182282   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2134908778.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	172.5 KB
ID:	182283  

Old 06-24-2013, 01:02 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hello,
First, if you would assume this is a sick fish, I would suggest to put this in the "Unhealthy Fish" section to get more concrete and specific answers.
Second, based on your explanation, and the fact that there are other guppy's, I would add to the theory that this guppy might be pregnant. Search for a Gravid Spot on the back side of it's stomach. If there are male and female guppies in this tank, the chances that it is pregnant are almost 100%. If you can, try again with a different or the same camera and try to get a pic that is slightly more focused. But from what I assume, I would say it is pregnant.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:38 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

Oh! I though I did. I guess I didn't pay attention to it enough. Should I repost it in unhealthy fish, or can I move it somehow?
And, I bought all male guppies. But, I guess it wouldn't have been hard for it to get switched up, as there was a female tank right next to it. If it is a girl, I feel so bad, because there's 5 other males in the tank! But it's definitely bigger than it used to be, and there is a dark spot in that area. It doesn't look exactly like the pregnant guppies I've looked up, the dark spot is smaller and focused more on the belly of it, and my guppy isn't as big as them. Though I guess that could be its not as far along. I'll try to get more focused pictures.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:08 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ok, well first of all, I would like you to verify if this guppy has a "Gravid Spot". You can google it for more precise pictures. If so, then it's probably pregnant.
Another thing, when did this "swelling of the stomach" and black reddish spots appear?
Old 06-24-2013, 02:51 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Activist

It doesn't seem like a Gravid spot. I wouldn't completely rule it out, but it's just one little spot and it's not very big at all. It's only visible from the underside, I can't see it when I look at him from the side. The first time I noticed that he was bigger and had a dark spot was about 5 days ago.

Tags
sick

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com