Guppy sick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

QueenKiara

Aquarium Advice Activist
Is there something wrong with my guppy? It seems bigger than my other guppies, and has a dark reddish/black spot on its belly. It swims sort of weird, moving slowly, and wiggling its body more, but other than that seems fine.

Attachments

• image-1838347424.jpg
    image-1838347424.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 51
More pictures. Not very good quality, won't focus so close..

Attachments

• image-1135731991.jpg
    image-1135731991.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 58
  • image-3988077854.jpg
    image-3988077854.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 47
  • image-918210020.jpg
    image-918210020.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 51
  • image-2134908778.jpg
    image-2134908778.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 48
Hello,
First, if you would assume this is a sick fish, I would suggest to put this in the "Unhealthy Fish" section to get more concrete and specific answers.
Second, based on your explanation, and the fact that there are other guppy's, I would add to the theory that this guppy might be pregnant. Search for a Gravid Spot on the back side of it's stomach. If there are male and female guppies in this tank, the chances that it is pregnant are almost 100%. If you can, try again with a different or the same camera and try to get a pic that is slightly more focused. But from what I assume, I would say it is pregnant. :)

Oh! I though I did. I guess I didn't pay attention to it enough. Should I repost it in unhealthy fish, or can I move it somehow?
And, I bought all male guppies. But, I guess it wouldn't have been hard for it to get switched up, as there was a female tank right next to it. If it is a girl, I feel so bad, because there's 5 other males in the tank! But it's definitely bigger than it used to be, and there is a dark spot in that area. It doesn't look exactly like the pregnant guppies I've looked up, the dark spot is smaller and focused more on the belly of it, and my guppy isn't as big as them. Though I guess that could be its not as far along. I'll try to get more focused pictures.

Ok, well first of all, I would like you to verify if this guppy has a "Gravid Spot". You can google it for more precise pictures. If so, then it's probably pregnant.
Another thing, when did this "swelling of the stomach" and black reddish spots appear?

It doesn't seem like a Gravid spot. I wouldn't completely rule it out, but it's just one little spot and it's not very big at all. It's only visible from the underside, I can't see it when I look at him from the side. The first time I noticed that he was bigger and had a dark spot was about 5 days ago.

Back
Top Bottom