had 2 fish die!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

freshwatertrev

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi there need some help... I have had 1 of 6 Glowlite Tetra die a couple of days ago and then today i have had 1 of my 3 Molly's die, checked my params when the Tetra died all was normal... Just checked again today and suprise suprise the are still good???? The only thing thats new in there is 3 new real plants, pretty sure these have nothing to do with it.... Any help welcome,
Thanks for your time

If you could answer a couple of questions, that would really help us help you.

How long has the tank been up?

What test kit are you using? What are your actual readings?

What size is the tank and what species are in there?

What is your scheduled maintenance for water changes?

hi Lynda thanks for the reply,

Tank has been running about 9 weeks now. i added 3 glowlite tetra and 3 molly's after 3 weeks of cycling the tank which is a 180ltr with a fluval 305 filter...then added the other stock..
Test kit im using is a API test kit? Not sure if thats good or bad???
Params are:-
Ammo 0
NO2 0
PH 7.6
NO3 below 5
PO4 0.25

Stock is 5 glowlite tetra, 2 molly's, 2 guppys, golden algae eater and 2 zebra danio's... 1 little snail and 2 big snails 6 real plants which are growing really well????

i have the light on 8hrs p/d, feed every other day, and 25% water change every 2 weeks??
can u help??

@fishkeeper...
im not too sure on the name of them, but added some type of small grass which the molly's love to nibble on, added some green leaf plant that has brown spots on and a little bush type thing.. sorry if the info is useless...

yeah will post some pic's... got them from a huge aquatic center nr southend in essex...

Then it's probably not them, I was wondering if you got them from a landscaping store that uses fertilizer

Do you know for sure that the fish were healthy stock when you purchased them? Were there dead fish in the tanks they came from? Any sign of disease in the tanks?

@ fishkeeper, Nah i wouldn't say that they used fertilizer!!!!hope not anyway....all there fish looked real healthy and the tanks with plants in look real good the best i have seen yet!! But i guess that what fertilizer and addative do to the plant, but pretty sure they weren't like that.

@ Lynda, the shop that i got the first shop that i got the 3 glowlite and 3 molly's from seemed to ok, no dead fishes in the tank ect...and im sure the other molly's are fine atm, no sign of disease on them, but when i took the dead glowlite out he had o hole in the side of him but he died over night so he might of got nibbled by other fish.. not pointing any fingers but the molly that died probly done it as he seemed to have a go at anything...
But i had a little suspition that the golden algae eater, it kinda looks like that his eyes are cooning out of his head but no cloudyness, looked it up and found that it may be where he's growing... is this true?? will try and get pic's up asap...

freshwatertrev said:
@ fishkeeper, Nah i wouldn't say that they used fertilizer!!!!hope not anyway....all there fish looked real healthy and the tanks with plants in look real good the best i have seen yet!! But i guess that what fertilizer and addative do to the plant, but pretty sure they weren't like that.

I meant like runoff sorry, i doubt a fish store had that

hope not hey.... posted pic's now.. any plant naming welcome... lol... thanks for u help tho ;)

Back
Top Bottom