Hagen co2 system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is in sense just a better looking DIY CO2 system. Bubble counters aren't very good either. You could just do your own CO2 system and save much more.

Edit: I don't know why I wrote bubble counters lol. I meant bubble ladders!

But if I had a glass diffuser, and used that instead of the ladder, it'd be pretty great alternative to pressurized (which isn't going to happen)

what I like about it is that it comes with an easy to open lid and it is colored grey so that you cannot see the mess inside.
the packs are just yeast packs the same as the do it yourself soda bottles.

instead of the ladder, you can feed the CO2 hose into your canister filter if you have one. you are basically just buying the little plastic canister and I think it looks better than a soda bottle. you can use your own yeast mixture once the official packs run out.

As mentioned above, it's the same thing as a DIY setup, it just looks better. Not exactly a great alternative to pressurized, but it works. I'd just keep doing the diy co2 myself and use the money for something else.

jetajockey said:
It lowers it while it is being injected into the system, as soon as it stops the ph goes back up to it's normal amount.

Okay thanks! I knew it did one or the other. And was hoping it lowered, cause I already have a pretty high ph, like 8.2, and didn't want it to go any higher.

How often do you have to replace the little co2 cartridge with this system?

Its a little better than a diy as they did lots of test about the optimise volume of the bottle vs the quantity of each component to have the best quantity deliver and on the longer time possible!!

It around 20 bucks... So for me just the look of my living room worth it!!

CO2 is an acid and that make the kh to go down.

When you stop, the kh stop going down but wont be back up alone!

KH and pH are related.

The kH doesn't change with co2... the pH does. that's how you can determine the co2 concentration by comparing the pH and kH. Normally, they do correspond to each other, until injecting co2 comes in to play.

mfdrookie516 said:
The kH doesn't change with co2... the pH does. that's how you can determine the co2 concentration by comparing the pH and kH. Normally, they do correspond to each other, until injecting co2 comes in to play.

Okay, I'm a little confused now.. So how do you measure the level of co2?

A drop checker is the easiest way. You can use a chart and compare the pH and kH (since kH doesn't change, but pH does... the pH and kH chart will show you how much co2 you have)... but it isn't accurate if you have anything buffering your water that might alter your kH.

Back
Top Bottom