Happy Tank AGAIN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

orangepunkins

Aquarium Advice Activist
I had to rehome a Danio. He was about the size of 2 red eye tetras together. He did well for the first week but then became rather aggressive. HE tryed to school with the tetra's but when one stepped out of line he made sure he chased them ALL over until they began to hide in the plants. He would pick and kill anything larger than him. WELL NOW HE IS GONE!!!!( a friend took him) And the tetra's are so HAPPY!! I have a 55 gal with 4 red eye tetras, 2 corys, 1 kuhli loach and 1 beta. I have a lightly planted tank. When I get some extra $$ I will restock tank. But for now its a happy happy tank.:fish2::fish2::)

Danios are schooling and should be in groups. If there's enough in the tank, the dominant danio will keep aggression within the danios and not other fish in the tank. I have 10 cardinal tetras and 8 zebra danios in my community and have no problems at all.

I would also suggest adding a few more tetras and cories, they prefer groups also.

It was a Giant Danio. I went to the store today and realized it was semi agressive. He is in a new home I didn't get any fish today because I'm almost finished with the cycling of my tank, I have 1 more week to go, before I get anymore fish.:fish1::fish1::fish1:

Back
Top Bottom