Hard water stains

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KOOGS

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Anyone know how to get rid of hardwater stains from aquarium? Tried lemon juice and vinegar, and also scrubbed. Nothing works. Please help, thanks

Soak with vinegar to soften (soak paper towel with vinegar, place wet mess over stains), then scrape with a razor blade (carefully!). For stubborn scales, try something stronger like CLR (the original lime & rust remover, not the soap!), but make sure you rinse really well after. <Neutralizing the residue with a bit of baking soda won't hurt either.>

With hard water like mine, I find there is a fine white haze that develop over a few years on glass that is impossible to get rid of. However, that is not obvious as long as the glass is wet.

i have really hard watter and i let my 10 gallon evaporate about 3 inches before i would replace the water. it only had a few platy fry which are now in my community tank. the water left a white residue that could not be scrubbed off so i go a razor blade and it came off nice and clean.

Back
Top Bottom