Hardest feshwater fish to keep.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think discus are the hardest. Definitely not the most expensive. Mine were $15 each, the hardest for me would be GBRs

A black ghost knife aren't hard I had a friend who treated them not anywhere meat to the way I treat discus. But i agree discus are actually not that hard a few water changes a week, proper food, right tank mates( made that mistake now my discus are stunted I think) and tank size.

I can't imagine a plec being hard to keep. But if u say so

the Bubble-Eye goldfish requires extra care compared to the other fancy goldfish types.

- Covered filter intakes (with sponges)
- sandy substrate
- minimal decorations
- sinking food (preferably)
- subdued lighting
- temperatures a little on the warmer side

:love: :love:
Bubble Eye Goldfish - YouTube

Mattefect said:
Oh ok you got one ?

I've owned three they are very finicky eaters, they all died from starvation, I read a post in here where someone else had the same problem too, back when I bought mine they were $80 now I hear they're almost $200 and I don't spend like I used too.

Haha thanks but u know how it is I dont think my tank looks good at all. Always trying to improving and I need to do alot of improving. But thanks

Oh and just looked at your tank, looks awesome ! Well done

Mattefect said:
Oh and just looked at your tank, looks awesome ! Well done

Thanks, but it is a work in progress, I'm never satisfied either, when I get a 125g again it's going to be a planted community so my clown loaches have more room then I may do discus again I had a couple of turquoise ones about 20 years ago that I traded for a 125g tank, they are awesome fish.

Yea they truly are and very social. Except mine are a bit shy :( getting new discus on Friday:))))) so excited, except that I have to move plants due to territory issues.

I've owned three they are very finicky eaters, they all died from starvation, I read a post in here where someone else had the same problem too, back when I bought mine they were $80 now I hear they're almost $200 and I don't spend like I used too.

Zebra plecos are indeed pricey. One of our club members, has maintained a breeding colony for several years now. He has bred about 200 of them, but it took him a while to get it all sorted out and figure tank setups and feeding. It takes several years before they are old enough to breed which is another drawback.
Durham Region Aquarium Society is a link to an article he wrote for our newsletter, if you are interested in Zebra plecos. The author, is well known for his world class guppies

if you are looking for difficult/sensitive fish.....then Chocolate Gourami should be high on the list.

lol i was so sceptical when i got mine but he's doing great in my tank. pH is 7.2ish so i slowly acclimated him.

Back
Top Bottom