hardy little ghost shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WaterPond

Aquarium Advice Addict
So i woke up this morning and my tank was really screwed up after an excel dip for my plants. Decided to move all the fish and shrimp out so i put them in a bag to acclimate them for my other tank. Once they were acclimated i scooped them out with a net, pored the excess water into a bucket and thew the bag into the garbage.

Then i went to school. I got home and checked to see how the fish were doing in the different tank. I heard a noise vibrating type noise and didnt think anything of it. By now about 9 hours had passed 7am-3pm. The noise continued for about five more minutes so i checked around the room thinking maybe one of my fish jumped out. I picked up the bag which was in the garbage can and noticed a tiny bit of water left in the bag, no more than a bottle cap full. In that tiny amount of water was a tiny ghost shrimp. I'm so glad i found him!

I'm glad you found him also - I actually like those ghost shrimp, esp in the DP tank. They're learning to eat from the dropper also. The funniest is when I put flakes in the tank with the betta and platy and the shrimp swims upside down along the top, grabs a flake and swims away hanging onto the flake with a MINE MINE MINE determination ! LOL

Wow! That's pretty lucky! and that poor shrimp!

This is similair to the other day when we moved the tanks to a different room.
My brother has a piece of driftwood that stands upright and one of his zebra loach decided to lodge himself in it, right at the top. Before moving the tank he took about 70% of the water out and we didn't notice that the loach was at the top of the wood completely out of the water, we then moved the tank and put it on the stand in my room, after that was settled he suddenly noticed the loach! He quickly submerged the wood and then had to get a chisel and screwdriver to prize the loach free! he was well and truely lodged!

It could've been a lot worse for the loach and shrimp! Glad they both ended well though. :)

Back
Top Bottom