Harlequin Rasboras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skyrmir

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So how do you tell a happy rasbora? I've been noticing that in a lot of rasbora pictures, the fish have a LOT more red than mine do. At first I figured they could be a different strain or just flashing the camera right, whatever. Then I noticed last night that my Rasbora's have added some red, one of them as red as the pictures, the rest in various stages.

I grabbed a couple of URL's to show the difference. Mine looked like the first pic when I got them, and are slowly shifting towards the second. So is this a 'Good Thing' as far as fish mood goes?

Harlequin

Red Harlequin[/url]

ive had a school of 8 harlequin rasboras for about 3 months now...when i first got them i had the light bulb that came with the tank and they looked kinda grey and black...about 2 months ago i changed the light bulb for a different brand and now they look pink and black...i dont know... :roll:

Okies maybe it's just a lighting thing then. The quarentine tank where they are now looks insanely bright because of the reflection off the bottom of the tank. At first I thought the lights I bought for my main tank were defective becuase it was so much dimmer. So I'll just have to see if they keep the red tinge after they go home to the main tank.

That's my current dilema, I'm debating on what to do with the 10 gallon after all the fish go back to the main tank. I could split up the fish between both tanks and maybe get a couple more or I could set it up as a grow out tank for fry. I haven't decided it's fate yet, will probably depend on if or when any of my fish have living fry. And if/when/where I move to a bigger place in a few months.

i would save it for the fry, if your tank is good enough fish will breed with no problem so i bet you would want to raise them in there :D

Back
Top Bottom