Has anybody used Bio-Coat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hb3133

Aquarium Advice Activist
The following is from Marianelands website:

BIO-COAT FEATURES
The Only Internal and External Stress Defense
Promotes natural slime coat, adds electrolytes and detoxifies heavy metals.
Recommended Usage
Use with any aquarium environment change.
Supports the Immune System with BIO-GARD
A proprietary formula of vitamins and other nutrients that support a healthy immune system

I am looking at an Ebay Auction for Bio Safe and Bio Coat. The auction is selling the two 17.20 fl. oz for $12.00 plus shipping and handling. I have used the Bio Safe and it works well from what I can tell. I just wanted to know if anyone had any positive or negative experiences.

I personally don't recommend regular usage of products advertised as "smile coat promoters", since healthy fish are perfectly capable of creating their own slime coat, and all you would be doing is just adding a bunch of unnecessary chemicals to your tank, but that is only my own personal opinion. There's nothing wrong with keeping a bottle on hand to use in case your fish get stressed or a little beat up and you want to try and help out a little. Just remember that for many fish, a little aquarium salt would do the same thing, but without the unknown chemicals. I personally have never used Bio-Coat though (mainly due to my personaly predilection to avoid those kind sof products), so I can't in all honesty say you shouldn't at least try it.

Hope I've helped some.

I've used it on my fish before, I honestly prefer stress coat though, the bio coat was alright I guess since you can't really see what it does lol

I agree with Hannah. I do not see a need to use products that claim to aid in the production of slime coating. Healthy fish do not need it. IMO it is just an unnecessary additive.

Back
Top Bottom