Has anyone used these inline heaters?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishyb

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hydor In-Line External Heater - Original ETH. Anyone have any information on this. I am getting ready to start my tank next week. I am trying to get everything lined up at this money. Just need to order a few odd's and ends.

I got a home made stand (painting tonight, putting on doors tomorrow)
55 gallon tank from petco (will upgrade later) really wanted a 90 + having trouble getting a decent one on the cheap.
Penn Plax Cascade Canister 1000 Aquarium Filter
(inline heater mentioned above) In amazon cart pending advice from others
Very simple set up.
Sand bottom and a piece of drift wood with some plants (friend is donating some already grown plants)

Will post pictures next week when I get it set up.
I have a buddy with a very healthy established tank. He said he will do a water change 2 days before I get my tank set up then another water change after I get mine home so he can bring me his cycled water and a filter to help speed up the cycling process. Don't know if going to work but hopefully it will.

I think I have heard of them used with no issues but don't quote on that. Could be different model. Mainly I hear locally of cursing when in-line equipment leaks.

Regarding the fish transfer, I would only collect enough water to transport the fish and *maybe* enough to fill a bucket. At the destination, place the fish in a bucket and setup a drip line using an air hose. This will help the fish adjust to the new tank.
As for the filter and cycling process, you don't need to transfer the established tank's water. Just the filter.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom