Has Anyone's Dog Eaten Java Fern?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ellithain

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was cleaning my fish tank and my dog (5 month old German Shepherd mix) took a snap at one of my ferns as I was taking the piece of wood out. She got some of it and now has diarrhea. I couldn't find anything about aquarium plants and toxicity to dogs online probably because they don't mix often enough for it so I was just wondering if anyone here has experienced this or knows if this is an emergency situation or just a upset tummy.

Well I think you should contact your local veterinary. I won't risk if I were you. If for some reasons you can't go just keep an eye
on your dog's behavior specially signs of laziness or if he looks sick. Better is to take advise of a professional vet.

Mine always does the same thing I have a small mix dog. She was even drinking the dirty fish water I was changing and got the runs bad. We gave her a mix of white rice and a little chicken and that helped her tummy. You can try that but I'm always say if you are having vibes about your dogs health call a vet a lot will sometimes tell you what to do or help you if you can't pay the high vet bill.

Thanks! She's fine! My mom is actually a vet tech and I asked her and she said in most cases if its just diarrhea your fine. If more things start to happen like vomitting and lethargy (as you mentioned) then you should worry. My dog is fine this morning. Maybe she'll learn not to eat stuff that isn't food!

Thanks! She's fine! My mom is actually a vet tech and I asked her and she said in most cases if its just diarrhea your fine. If more things start to happen like vomitting and lethargy (as you mentioned) then you should worry. My dog is fine this morning. Maybe she'll learn not to eat stuff that isn't food!
Glad she is fine [emoji4]

My African cichlids ate a tank full of java fern and various Anubias plants with no ill effects. :)

she'll be ok , if her tummy is upset get some of those charcoal dog cookies they work wonders ,

Back
Top Bottom