Hatching and raising Brine Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dirt Diggler

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm trying to hatch and raise brine shrimp as food for my fish. So, I've been able to hatch the little buggers, but I was planning on using at 10 gallon tank to raise them. I'm having a tough time finding out how much salt I need to put into a 10 gallon tank to raise brine shrimp to maturity. If anyone has any insight on this, I'd greatly appreciate it. I have baby brine that are about 12 hours old, so I'll probably have to siphon these guys off to use as food right now. I have more cysts to hatch so no big deal. Thanks!

I have always hatched and grown mine in saltwater (meaning the same specific gravity I use in my salt tanks) 1.026. They can live anywhere from 1.011-1.030 though. You can buy a bag of instant ocean salt and mix it following the manufacturers directions. I believe it's half a cup per gallon.

I have always hatched and grown mine in saltwater (meaning the same specific gravity I use in my salt tanks) 1.026. They can live anywhere from 1.011-1.030 though. You can buy a bag of instant ocean salt and mix it following the manufacturers directions. I believe it's half a cup per gallon.

looks like I need to buy some instant ocean.

Back
Top Bottom