Have i overstocked my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adams84

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey.
I got a 32 liter tank 2months ago and i misread the stocking formula.... I read 1 inch per liter. Now ive read again and seen its per gallon or based on surface area.

I have a Betta Lifescape H5
380x265x395

3 leopard + 3 zebra danios with 2 albino cories.

Is this too much?

I had planned to get 5 neons so i had top middle an bottom feeders but i doubt i can do that now!

Sent from my HUAWEI Y360-U31 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I think I would of gone for neons in the first instance as maybe more sedate. Are the danios not too active for tank?

Danios are very active in general... They seem better now with more oxygen too.... I was told an read not to use neons to start cycling. Well technically i was told they would be fine to cycle but a few might die... I didnt want that on my conscience

That's a good point, I'm used to just pinching media from other tanks. I do find neons not the most hardy of fish.

Not had them yet... I did buy a blue light and purple plants in prep to get neons but guessing best not to unless i get a bigger tank

I have gone on aqadvice and im 130% stocked... Oops... also saying albino cories and zebras are not suitable for my tank lol... Good start

It's a nice site that one. 130% lol - the website is a little conservative perhaps but that might be pushing it :)

Haha just a tad... I think I'll be ok for a few months as they are young.. Especially the cories. Then i will prob have to do waterchange and gravel clean every 4-5 days not 7

Yes, I got caught as well and had to increase water changes :) . The one thing I did like with the inch per gallon guideline was it was based on full grown fish so that made me think about what the fish looked like in 9 months, not as in store.

Yeah my bad... I had checked on aquaticstoyourdoor but after seeing it all in my tank i had to check that formula again. Good thing i questioned myself cos if i carried on with the 1 inch per liter method that i misread somewhere i would have got to 250% stocked lol

Back
Top Bottom