Have you ever...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aqualady40

Aquarium Advice Addict
bought food from the grocery store and fed it to your fish? For example, I was told by a manager at my lfs to save my money and go buy beef or chicken heart/liver and grind it up, place in the small cubed ice trays (don't rinse blood) to freeze into little feeding cubes. I want to try that because it really would save money in the long run but want confirmation from others who has done this and still do it. Also what about doing veggie cubes too?

Geronica said:
bought food from the grocery store and fed it to your fish? For example, I was told by a manager at my lfs to save my money and go buy beef or chicken heart/liver and grind it up, place in the small cubed ice trays (don't rinse blood) to freeze into little feeding cubes. I want to try that because it really would save money in the long run but want confirmation from others who has done this and still do it. Also what about doing veggie cubes too?

I don't have experience with it myself but there are lots of recipe options online

This may not apply to all fish but a lot if fish don't digest the fats and stuff from beef and things like that to well. You can feed veggies though.

Back
Top Bottom