Have you named all of them?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

peacelizard

Aquarium Advice Regular
I can see having a small tank with one or two fish and it being easy to name, but for people with bigger tanks and more fish: do you name them all? And do you name them immediately or do you wait until it comes to you?

I've named a couple due to behaviors and personality, but not all. Like my 12 silver dollars.

Right now, it's just my Tiger Oscar "Tubs," my Black Ghost Knife Fish "Ray," and my Jaguar cichlid "Mini Jag."

Thing is, even if you do everything right your going to have fish die on you. So no I don't name my fish.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have named about 1/2 my fish
I have a Oscar named Lola
One named pigpen
A blue channel cat named snoopy
A. Frontosa named Charlie Brown
Parrot fish named dorie
Green terror named Frankenstein
I have 6 tanks but most not named

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I've named the BN plec I've had for 12 years Mac (which just happened last year) and my keyhole cichlid is named Blue, which happened to pop in my head not long after I got it. Other than that, all my guppies are just what their pattern is in my head, the clown plec I'm sitting for someone is just The Clown for reference, and I can't tell the khuhli loaches apart so they are just The Gang

My daughter named most of our fish, I named our BN pleco. She named the guppy Bubbles (attacks the air bubbles), the farlowella is Twiggy, the EBR is Trouble, the cardinals are the wisps, and the rummynose are the racers (says their tails remind her of car racing). I named the BN pleco Mr. Clean. They don't all have their own name, but they're all called something.

I think most people with lots of fish, myself included, name the special ones or unique ones.

I named all my male bettas, and big cichlids....

Toad may I suggest bozo for the clown plec

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom