Having trouble Cleaning glass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smitty

Aquarium Advice Addict
A couple of weeks ago I had a very bad blue-green (slime) algea problem. After a 3 day blackout it was completely gone, but some small green areas remained on the glass where the algea was growing.

They aren't big, just about 1/2 - 1 MM in diameter, but there are a bunch of them. I've tried scraping them off with a plastic scraper, and a brand new cleaning spung for dishes but I can't seem to get them off...

Any idea on what I can use? I haven't a razor yet, that will be tonight, but I'm looking for any other ideas.

Thanks!

Mag float?

Be careful using kitchen sponges in your tank. Many are chemically treated to prevent mildew and some are anti-bacterial.

I have a mag float and it doesn't come even close. I know about the chemicals and stuff so I was worried about it and didn't continue.

Ok, just making sure. :)

Hmmmm.... any luck with the razor? I'm at a loss if that failed short of moving the fish and draining the tank. Hopefully someone else will chime in with a great idea and we can both learn from them.

Back
Top Bottom