hazy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sahabo

Aquarium Advice FINatic
the water is looking a bit hazy. The tank is fully cycled and I added 4 new otos last weekend. Any ideas about the hazy water?

ammonia, nitrites are at 0 and nitrates are at 5.

Attachments

• IMG_1507.jpg
    IMG_1507.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 75
Take some water & put it into a white plate/cup. See if the haze is green or white. White haze is likely bacteria bloom related to increased bioload & should settle once your filter catch up. Green haze would be algae & that needs a different approach.

I guess it's off white. Bowl on the left is tank water, right is regular tap water. Also, the otos are the only inhabitants. If it's bacterial bloom, should I do anything about it?

Attachments

• IMG_1508.jpg
    IMG_1508.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 74
so it's not harmful to the fish? I was planning upgrade Corwin into the 10 gallon today...should I wait until it clears up?

ok, so I don't think it's the water that's really hazy. I think something on the the inside of the glass is making everything look cloudy/green, almost like there's a film on it. The otos have done a good job so I don't think it's algae. Anyone else have experience with this?

alright that's not it either. I tried using an old credit card on the inside glass...there's nothing there. arg! so it must be the water...but it really doesn't look green or really white. i don't get it.

It's still hanging around?

In my planted tank, when I first set it up, I got that too, it lasted nearly 3 weeks, then cleared itself up. I attributed it to a bacteria bloom, but perhaps it's something else causing it.

3 weeks? hmmm. maybe i just need to be more patient! Here's the best pic I could get.

Attachments

• IMG_1538.jpg
    IMG_1538.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 47
i don't see your tank its so haze.is the tank near a window?

it's across from a window. window on one wall and tank across the room from it about 12 feet across. the sun does not shine directly into the window.

Back
Top Bottom