Healing fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trainer_Ruby_

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have no idea how or when it happened but yesterday when looking at my 20g I noticed a Cory was missing an eye. There's nothing sharp in the tank and I don't see any fish like neon tetras going after a Cory so I don't know if it was a birth defect I never noticed or if he got it at my lfs but it's healed shut now. For future reference how could this be prevented? Nothing in the tank has sharp edges I sand everything down to a smooth round edge so I'm sure it wasn't a decoration

Keep calm and drum on

Difficult to say really, but if he's active and eating ok he should be fine, just keep your eye on it,( sorry for the pun)....lol

I have a one eyed Harlequin Rasbora. He's perfectly healthy but swims at a slight angle to see the food when it's coming. I can spot him a mile away because of this. I can't remember him being like that when I bought him but he was one of 12 and I probably just missed it. This might be the case with your cory.
I've had him over a year and no other fish has this problem, so I doubt it was decor or disease.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom