Heater.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jess1ca

Aquarium Advice Addict
When purchasing a new heater do I get the size rated for my tank or go larger like you do when getting a filter?!

If you buy a heater that matches your tank capacity, the heater will run continually to maintain the temp. If you go somewhat bigger your heater will cycle on/off in heating the tank. I suggest you go bigger.

gmanova said:
If you buy a heater that matches your tank capacity, the heater will run continually to maintain the temp. If you go somewhat bigger your heater will cycle on/off in heating the tank. I suggest you go bigger.

Thanks for responding :) that is what I will do :) The one I have is rated for the tank and just isn't doing a good job, plus I've had one break on me so I'm nervous as heck! I'm gonna order a new one and keep the other as a back up or put it in the qt I'm building :)

gmanova said:

+1 you really want to go a step bigger.

Convict2161 said:
+1 you really want to go a step bigger.

Yea this heater is being a pain! I've been having to adjust it slightly for 2 days and its still not right. I don't want mt fish to stress :( checking out Aquen (sp?) Now on eBay!!

Back
Top Bottom